Friday, November 25, 2011

Female egg donation for infertile couples- Morally wrong or ok?

How would you consider a healthy, fertile woman donating her eggs to an infertile couple to give them a chance at having a baby of their own? (The donor egg is fertilised by the male partners sperm then inserted into the infertile female partner)





What if the egg donor and the recipient were blood related?





Is it morally wrong or would you be doing something good?Female egg donation for infertile couples- Morally wrong or ok?
I know this sounds really bad but I could never do it. It's not the pain of taking ovulation medication or having the eggs taken out of you or gaining a few extra pounds in the process. It's the knowledge that those eggs are yours and could be fertilized.





I salute those women who are able to donate, but I reserve the right not to have children by any means.Female egg donation for infertile couples- Morally wrong or ok?
No you would not be doing something good morally.Rememeber this is an experiment you are doing on a human body it is a matter of trial and error.


In trial and error methods if more than necessary eggs are produced or fertilised then they are killed and this is killing what would grow to another human being and that is why it is wrong.


It is as good as cloning or test tube babies you can research about this in the internet.


Offcourse realise that there are proponents and opposers to the same so remember to listen to the good sherperd.



I read in the newspaper about three sisters, two of which helped the 3rd: one donated eggs, the other carried.


They're very close, but the donatee is obviously the mom- and last I heard they were considering a second child.


It all depends on the woman making the choice, I think. But the case from the paper was really feel-good material for the public, in my opinion.


In the end, only what the donater thinks matters.
I consider it an amazing thing, personally. My husband and I want to have a child, and the eggs I produce are pretty low quality (according to my doctor), so we're in the process of seeking fertility treatments, and looking for doctors and such, trying to figure out what's right for us.





One thing we know, is that we're going to need an egg donor. While part of me is sad that there won't be a genetic link, per se, from me to our eventual child, at least I'll be able to carry our baby, and give berth to it, and I've got to think that kind of bond will be amazing. Plus, since we'd be using my husband's sperm, we know our baby will have ';us'; in him/her.





On your more general question, if the egg donor and recipient were blood related, there's no issue there, that I can think of, and may help with the feelings that I wrestle with. I checked out this site and it had some good info on it about egg donation cycles and how hugely successful they are (which came as a surprise to me): www.fertile.com.


It's going to sound silly, but if my sister could donate, for example, I would still feel a genetic link to our baby. I know, weird, right?





Anyway, that's all I know. I hope it helps. If you decide to do it, then godsspeed!






Not if they donor and recipient were related because that would be rather like incest in a funny kind of way but giving an egg to a couple whom can't have there own child without some help is a beautiful idea, it's the gift of life.
I think it's a good thing to do , because some people aren't blessed to have children . So I say it would be very nice to help them out , so they can have children like many women want.
i think its a great thing. i would do it for my sister or cousin or friend or even a stranger. It's a very self-less act and it would be the best gift you could give to someone.
I think egg donation is ok.
if someone asked me i would do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment