Friday, November 25, 2011

Female egg donation for infertile couples- Morally wrong or ok?

How would you consider a healthy, fertile woman donating her eggs to an infertile couple to give them a chance at having a baby of their own? (The donor egg is fertilised by the male partners sperm then inserted into the infertile female partner)





What if the egg donor and the recipient were blood related?





Is it morally wrong or would they be doing something good?Female egg donation for infertile couples- Morally wrong or ok?
I think it's a wonderful thing to give someone the chance at being a parent. If the egg is being donated to a sister, that's great, but if it's going to be fertilized by the donors brother....that might cause some developmental problems since that would be inbreeding. Maybe 'duh', but just had to say it in case, lol.Female egg donation for infertile couples- Morally wrong or ok?
I think it is a very selfless thing for someone to do, to give their eggs to someone else for them to have a child, but at the same time I know that I could never do that. The resulting baby would always be the biological child of the donor, the same as any they might already have, or might have in the future. I just don't think I could bring up my children without looking at them and thinking 'is there another child that looks like you somewhere?' I would always think, are they happy, are they safe, are they having a good life? And while they probably would be I would always worry that their 'mum' wasn't treating them as well as I could! But for people that feel they can do this, I think that's wonderful and they're better women than me! Lol.
Everyone has their own set of morals...but here's my take.





To each her own. I have absolutely no problem, nor judgment, for anyone involved in something like this. I personally think its very noble for a women to be willing to help out a couple like this. I don't see why blood relations would matter except for genetic and family history reasons.
I don't have any moral opposition to it. I think that it's a personal decision. Personally, I don't know if I would be able to accept that someone out there had possibly given birth to *my* biological child. Likewise, I don't know if I would be able to accept giving birth to and raising someone else's biological child. If you have no problems, go for it!
Why would it be morally wrong? There are many ways to have a family. I can't think of any religion that condemns adoption. If a couple is OK with adopting a child that shares 0% of their genetic material, why wouldn't it be OK to have a child that has 50% of their genetic material?






I think it's awesome if someone can help another person bring a very much wanted child into this world. It doesn't matter whether it's blood related or not although it seems it would be nice and if I were not able to conceive, I would love for the donor to be family.
I think it's a great thing! A friend of mine actually had her sis be her egg donor and she just had a beautiful baby boy. If someone is willing to do that for someone else,related or not, it's a blessing for the couple who need a healthy egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment